Trimming Tree Branches helps to Prevent Clogged GuttersOct. 10, 2014
One of the most unpleasant home maintenance activities a homeowner can commit to doing is cleaning up their clogged gutters. Not only is the job dirty and stinky, it can be very dangerous. This is especially true if you decide to clean your gutters yourself and venture onto the roof, because it poses a potential hazard. Cleaning your home’s gutters is a necessary chore that all homeowners should be aware of.
Still, in a homestead that has a lot of greenery, especially trees; one cannot forgo the occasional cleaning of gutters that inevitably become clogged by falling leaves. There are several ways to go about preventing the regular clearing of gutters, and while the prospect of actually cutting down the greenery in and around the house may be unthinkable, there are always better and less destructive alternatives.
Trimming tree branches helps to prevent clogged gutters, generally because shorter tree branches equates to less leaves that fall near or on the roof. Of course, this doesn’t always equate to an easy, much less safe, job. Trimming the branches off trees near your home is yet another home maintenance activity that should be considered, but undertaking it safely should be a primary concern just as cleaning your gutters.
Of course, you can always opt to hire professionals who undertake the cleaning and trimming, and these in themselves have their benefits. Not only are professional gutter cleaning services vastly superior to DIY trimming, but you can save time and avoid potential risk of injury having a professional do it for you. And, professionals can produce superior results.
The Benefits of Trimming Branches for General Gutter Maintenance
When it comes to gutter maintenance, it takes more than just preventing clog gutter and drains to guarantee that the gutter’s material doesn’t eventually get eaten away by rust or damaged by stagnant moisture. While trimming tree branches helps to prevent clogged gutters, it also ensures that branches do not damage the roof when strong winds, storms, or lighting occurs. Believe it or not, trees can be prime natural lighting rods. So, keeping branches well-away from your roof also ensures that the overall structural integrity of your roof is not compromised by lighting as well as falling branches.
Of course, trimming tree branches helps to prevent clogged gutters, but this is not the only means by which one can guarantee the smooth and unimpeded flow of water. Making sure that the gutters are cleaned manually either with a good old-fashioned gutter rake or with the help of gutter vacuums should do the trick. It is important to make sure that gutters are kept clean of leaves, especially during autumn season.
Old-fashioned tools may be too cumbersome to go about such tasks in a quick and efficient manner, and may even cause damage to your gutters and roof, but gutter vacuums provide a faster and more efficient alternative. Gutter cleaning services such as that of Apex Vacuum Gutter Cleaning provide exactly that kind of service. For more information on vacuum gutter cleaning, please visit: https://apexvac.com.au
Apex Vacuum Gutter Cleaning
Diamond Creek, Victoria, 3089
Ph: 0410 614 924
Fax: 03 9438 2743
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Road Works and Construction: Benefits of High Pressure Water Digging for Trenches
- Roof and Gutter Cleaning: Practical Maintenance Solutions versus Re-Roofing and Guttering
- View all articles…
- What Makes High Pressure Cleaning Safe and Effective?
- Commercial and Industrial Gutter Cleaners: 5 Help Tips That Will Help You Find a Good Gutter Cleaning Contractor
- View all articles…
- Benefits of Gutter Cleaning for Your Roof's Longevity and Protection
- Hire Experts to Fix Blocked Drains and Pipes
- View all articles…
- How to Determine the Best Shape Vinyl Gutter for
- Why does my Gutters Stink?
- Old Wooden Roof Shingles can Clog Your Gutters
- Suck it to Your Gutters with Vacuum gutter cleaning
- Home Injuries: The Dangers of Climbing onto the Roof
- Trimming Tree Branches helps to Prevent Clogged Gutters
- Don't Let a Good Gutter Go Bad
- Types of Gutters
- Tips for getting the best gutter cleaning services-apex vacuum
- Commercial gutter cleaning
- Spouting maintenance
- What Are the Pros and Cons of Plastic Gutters?
- Ten Easy Gutter Cleaning Tips
- High Pressure Drain Cleaning
- When to replace your gutters and downpipes